Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Going Grey with Scrap-Creations Challenge: Ring in the New year!




Happy Tuesday! Did you have a wonderful holiday? My family and I had a great Christmas. It was really nice to spend some much needed quality time with my family and friends.



So, it has been a little over a week since I have been out of school, and I am happy to announce, I am completely relaxed. I am really enjoying this muched needed break. Yesterday I sat and actually stamped for a few hours and today I did the same. It has been so ong since I have actually stamped without a purpose. Just for me and fun :)





This week we have another fantastic challenge for you....We are ringing in the New Year! I have decided not to go with your "typical" New years card. When I was choosing a image for this weeks challenge, I came across this fabulous image, and digi paper from Tiddly Inks. I just can't resist these goth girls. I swear I am a goth girl deep down, and I just loved the sentiment. Every year I make the same New Years resolution.....Lose weight, and every year I blow the resolution, so this year, I am resolution free, and yes, I am always on a diet, so maybe one day I will lose that weight, or not! Sometimes we just have to except ourselves for what we are, and just do the best we can....right???



So last week the DT and I took a holiday break, and I ran a recipe contest. All you had to do was tell me your favorite thing to bake on the holidays, and it was so nice to hear all your yummy recipes. I also said I would be sending one person a surprise gift, so using random.org the winner of the recipe givaway is :


Mamichelle
5 Timestamp: 2010-12-28 02:36:33 UTC
Congrats...Please e-mail me your mailing address, and I will get your surprise package out to you!



Do you need a little inspiration for this weeks New Years challenge???? Check out these amazing cards by the DT.



Jackie:


Peggy:
Kristine:
Lorie: Marie:



weren't those fabulous? Don't be afraid to head to their blogs and leave them a little love. You will have until next Monday @ 6pm to get your card in for the challenge. We only allow 2 entry's per person. Also, we have new Blog Badges, please feel free to take one and post on your blog. I will be picking the top 3 next week, and I will award 3 people with the new top 3 badge! When posting to a gallery's, please use the key words GGSC44.......Have a great day and happy creating



5 comments:

Pia said...

Cute card for your inner goth! If you dye your hair and start wearing all black, I will worry!

Kristine said...

LOL - your card made me laugh. Yep... do yours ever get "resolved"?? Mine rarely do! CUTE CARD Kristen! I'm glad you got your much-needed break and family time and relax time =) Happy New Year to you and yours!!

Michelle Quinno said...

This is fantastic, Kristen! I love the sentiment too. I never ever keep mine so I didn't make one last year and I won't this year either.

OMG, I don't even remember entering to win! I will email you.
Thanks! What a surprise!

Enjoy the rest of your break.

happyglitzygirl said...

Fantastic card, great challenge. Have a wonderful New Year, blessings Hilde

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Thanks for the DT inspiration and that goth card is a cutie!

Happy New Year!
Deanne :)