Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Going Grey With Scrap-Creations Challenge: Mother's Day


   Happy Tuesday!!!! I hope you enjoyed your weekend.  It was an exciting weekend here in our house.  Both kids started Spring soccer and had games this weekend and while neither team won, it was fun to watch.  This week starts the beginning of the kids spring school vacation, but unfortunately the weather is not cooperating.  It has been rainy, cloudy with a high of 60 if we are lucky.  We are going to try to make the best of it.
   This week Peggy has challenged us to a Mother's Day Challenge.  I recently attended a yard sale at one of my local craft store and came across a group of bird stamps, which I completely fell in love with, and what was even more appetizing was the price these stamps were large and brand new and I only paid 0.50 each. This robin stamp was one of the stamps I purchased and I couldn't wait to use it. My mom loves to feed the birds, so I thought this image was perfect for her.   My color lacks luster, but my Mom won't even notice.  We would love for you to join us in this weeks challenge.

            Last weeks entries for the flower challenge were stunning.....So hard to choose.
          The TOP 3 are:

                                                                            Nancy

                                                                               Jose

                                                                            Artie Katie
Fabulous cards ladies Please feel free to grab the "I made TOP 3" banner on the right of my blog!


        Feast your eyes on the DT's amazing"Mothers Day" projects
Peggy
Chanya13
                                                                     Gale
                                                                             Kasha

Weren't those fabulous? Don't be afraid to head to their blogs and leave them a little love. You will have 2 weeks on Monday @ 6pm to get your card in for the challenge. We only allow 2 entry's per person. Also, we have new Blog Badges, please feel free to take one and post on your blog. I will be picking the top 3 in 2 weeks, and I will award 3 people with the new top 3 badge! When posting to a gallery's, please use the key words GGSC200...Have a great day and happy creating


1 comment:

Marlene Atkinson said...

Hi Kirsten,


I hope have had a good day - below is an email that I have sent to blog challenges when I see Jose nonlinking -

I am Marlene – Design Team members of blog challenges. I have sent this notice to blog challenges regarding a crafter who continues to non-link cards. I feel the only way to get Jose to play by the rules is to expose what Jose continues to do when entering challenges.



Jose has non-linked her cards to several of the challenges in which I serve as Design Team Member.



She has non-linked to your challenge Spring Flowers with entry # 8

Here is what I have done to help Jose:



1. I have reached out to Jose to explain the rules to the blog challenge

2. I have encouraged Jose to link up her cards properly so she could be eligible for a prize.

3. I have offered to teach Jose how to link back to the challenge.

4. Explained in a kind message to Jose, that we will expose what she is doing by contacting blog challenges



Here is what Jose has done:



1. Ignored or deleted our messages

2. Continues to back link her cards

3. Adds the web address of the challenges but they are not hot links

4. Deleted all of the cards she posted on her blog from 2012 – it could be she is planning to upload those creations with a new posting to entry 2014 challenges



We realize two things:



1. That not all DT member check the date of a blog posting when the card is entered in their challenge

2. That blog challenges can handle non-linking in any way they choose





It is sad when I have tried to get Jose to understand the challenge world rules and yet, Jose continues to Non- link her cards. I understand a crafters making a mistake, but I feel this is not a mistake – it is either a game Jose is playing or she just does not care about blog rule challenges.



Thank you for taking time to read our message – have a blessed day.



Marlene – Boss at Dream Valley Challenge