Friday, October 17, 2008

Blogger's Challenge #69: Color challenge












HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!



Yep, another Friday is here, and that means another Bloggers Challenge. This weeks challenge was a color challenge. The colors were Old Olive, Really Rust, Riding Hood Red (white/vanilla or confetti may be used). Color challenges are Hard for me because I rarely make a card without designer paper.


This challenge turned out to be no different. I serious spent 4 hours off and on making this card. Finally I had to break into the DP. Also, I didn't have riding Hood Red, so I used Cranberry, which I hope is close enough. This card is very different for me. I like to use cutesy images, but I really did enjoy coloring the pumpkins and leaves. I LOVE TO COLOR!!!.

This card is the perfect card for our New England fall. It is gorgeous right now. The leaves are slightly past peak and the temp is getting colder, but it is really pretty.Here are a couple photos I have taken recently of the trees and things.








Supplies:


Stamps: CTMH

paper: SU cardstock, Basic Grey DP.

Ink: watercolor crayons, staz on

Misc: Leave punch, Stickles, CTMH brads, Sizzix embossing folders, Marvy scallop punch.


Thanks for checking out my challenge. If you get a chance go see what all the ladies of Bloggers challenge made. You can click on the link on the side.


Have a great weekend.

18 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Not only is this a wonderful card, but I love all of your fall photos. What a treat!

Kerry D-C said...

Great job with this challenge!!

Selene Kempton said...

Wow this is really pretty.. So you're in Southern NH??!!! I'm in Northern MA on the border in Dracut.. Maybe we should get together and stamp! :)

Nikki Bond said...

This is gorgeous! Love that DP...great pictures too! {SMILES}

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh, this is just gorgeous! Your DP is a perfect choice for the autumn colors of your card. Beautiful photos of local scenery also. We don't ever get colors like that in Texas...sigh...

Unknown said...

This is really pretty! And I just love your fall photos. Makes me wish I was there!

Chrissy D said...

Love the photos! Beautiful card too! TFS!

Sharon said...

What great colours! Your card is perfect. The DSP really goes well.

Ida said...

Pretty card, love the dp with the touch of blue. - Gorgeous fall photos too. Coleen love the Hay Witch!

Barbara said...

Great Fall card!! Don't you just love that crisp fresh air?....and the gorgeous colors of all those trees around us? This card is wonderful and evokes such warm feelings of the season. AND, of course, those photos are just fantabulous!! TFS!!!!

Debby said...

Cutesy Smutesy! This is really cool! Nice job! And I love all your pumpkin pics. Way cool.

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful card, love the fall photos!

Ladystamper said...

great card! I love your autumn pictures too! We don't get those colors here in Florida!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Lovely card Kristen and thanks for sharing your photographs too! You did a wonderful job with this challenge! :D

n8tvtexan said...

Wonderful job with the challenge! Your photos are stunning! I can't wait to take photos of the changing leaves here in Japan. For now, we just have green, orange & yellow.

Connie Babbert said...

I love your card! Great job. The photos are WONDERFUL, too! I love the beautiful fall colors.

Michelle Quinno said...

Beautiful photos and I love the card! I love my dp too.

Unknown said...

Pretty card! I really like the DP--perfect for this challenge.