Friday, October 3, 2008

Bloggers Challenge # 67: Falling for you

TGIF.......Another Friday has arrived, and that means another bloggers challenge. The challenge this week was to make a fall themed love card, or a anniversary card. I never make any kind of "Love" cards, so I embraced the challenge. Since Fall is my favorite season, I decided to go with the "falling for you" theme. I immediately thought of my Amuse owls.
I'm not sure how you design your cards, but I am always working around whatever paper I like at that moment. I also NEVER use a standard card size, which tends to run me some issues with envelopes. I know you can't tell by the picture, but this card measures 7x6. It is HUGE, and I used tiny Amuse stamps.
Also, I also wanted to know what your feelings are on Amuse stamps? A lot of stampers I know say Amuse is not their style their "to simple". I think they are what you make them. I don't think this card is a "simple" card. So, I would like to know what you think. What do you like about them, or what don;t you like?
Thanks for checking out my blog and have a fantabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend. If you have time check out the bloggers challenge group and see what they came up with.

Supplies:
Paper: basic Grey, SU chco chip, olive and pumpkin
Stamps: Amuse
Punches : Su scalloped
Ribbon: random
Ink: copic
Tech: I actually tried the Faux wood grain for the tree. Wicked easy and a nice affect.

18 comments:

Barb Hardeman said...

I love your paper and matching ribbon on this card. Your little owls are beautiful displayed in your fun layers and colors. Nice job on the faux wood grain on the tree too...

Lynn Mercurio said...

How adorable. Fabulous colors and great design elements! Awesome job!

Ladystamper said...

Cute card! I agree....a stamp is what you make of it. Some of the most 'simple' stamps have made the most beautiful cards. You did good!

Unknown said...

It's adorable, I especially like the ribbons!

Wendy G. said...

I think your card is great! I love all the detail and design...you really made it work well with those cute little stamps! And I love your tree! I'm like you...love using odd sizes for cards!

Regina Cornelius regcorn@zoominternet.net said...

this is simply beautiful!! great job!

Selene Kempton said...

This is adorable! I love all the layers and attention to detail.

Unknown said...

Great fall colors--love all the detail and embellishments!

Ida said...

What a FUN card. The owls are adorable and I love the woodgrain look to your tree. Great DP too.

Lisa Bohler said...

This is really cute. I love the extra attention to detail here...the polka dot ribbon and background work so well together!

Kerry D-C said...

Very Cuuuuuuuuuute! Love the papers and ribbons.

Anita Van Hal said...

this is so pretty! love all the layers, the colors, just everything! you did fantastic job with this challenge...thank you so much for sharing!

Theresa said...

I think you did a great job on this card. I love the owls!
I don't know much about the different stamp company's but I know I tend to like more simple stamps HTH

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is such a delightful card Kristen! I went with owls too...lol! Your tree turned out great! :D

Barbara said...

Nope! Not simple at all!! BUT, I love that the images can be simple...or not! LOVE this card...and I'm so impressed with the size. Doesn't look at all out of proportion with these images (in my humble opinion!)....you did a fabulous job with our Cha llenge!!!

Debby said...

It's definately not a simple card however it is a very gorgeous card. And I agree the stamps are what you make of them. I love amuse although I don't use them as much as I would like, not sure why. Anyway. I love this card. Nicely done.

Michelle Quinno said...

First off, the card is so masculine and I love it!

Second, Amuse stamps and I have a love hate relationship. I do love most of their sentiments because I tend to like smaller sentiments. I have a bunch of their images and I like some but I'm not one to make scenery from their stamps. KWIM? I tend to layer the image on several scallops or mats to fill up the space.

Tangii said...

Very cute! I love all the layers!!! The colors are wonderful too. GReat job!