Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Going Grey With Scrap-Creations Challenge: Do it Digi


Happy Tuesday!!! I am happy to report that Hurricane Sandy has passed and where I live we didn't see to much damage.  We were fortunate to only have lost our lights briefly and the kids only missed two days of school....with that being said, my heart goes out to NJ & NY. It is so heartbreaking to see so many with so much devastation....My heart goes out to all who are dealing with Hurricane Sandy's aftermath.
    Was it a good weekend???  Saturday ended up being a very productive day in my house. We got our fall yard clean up done (well, almost), and lots of laundry and house cleaning, and then on Sunday Abbey (my daughter) had her first gymnastics competition of the season and I am happy to report that she did great, and so did her team...wahooo...it was a sucessful first meet.  As you know, we had to turn the clocks back on Sat night and as the rest of Sunday went on, I was feeling like it was 48 hrs long...Not sure about you, but it seemed like the longest day EVER!!!!!   The only thing I hate about turning the clocks back is the fact that it gets dark so early in the day (4ish), and to add to that it is also COLD now (18 degrees tonight with possible snow).  Winter is on it's way....ARGH....How much longer till summer???? LOL...
   So, are you asking yourself "what the heck did she make for this weeks challenge"...hehehe...with this weeks challenge being "DIGI:, I thought I would go WAY out of the box and show you what I make with a image I used from a google search.....As you know, I have been doing a lot of altered journalingg lately and this week I wanted to chouw you one of the the first journal pages I made.  Often I use journaling as a way of coping with lifes stressors.  Some how getting things down on paper seems to help me...So when I made this 2 page journal layout, I wanted to do 2 of the same but different...I used a "digi" image I obtained from the internet and then traced it on watercolor paper and what "Dylusion" crazy from there....and as I look at this page all I can see is my terrible handwriting....UGH..letting go, letting go....Letting it go!!!
   Ok, I have talked enough...It's time to get to the fun stuff, Like last weeks  "Pop It Up" challenge...and this week Mary picked last weeks TOP 3, and they are:
 
                                                                   LoriannaThis snowflake is very delicate and elegant popped up as the focal point of the card.
 
                                                              Pauline: I love the way this image is stacked up, simply beautiful!
 
                                                          Spyder:I love all the dimension this adorable card has, great image to pop up for lots of FUN
 
Fabulous cards ladies Please feel free to grab the I made TOP 3 banner on the right of my blog!

 
Feast your eyes on the DT's amazing "Digi" Creations!
 
 
Weren't those fabulous? Don't be afraid to head to their blogs and leave them a little love. You will have until next Monday @ 6pm to get your card in for the challenge. We only allow 2 entry's per person. Also, we have new Blog Badges, please feel free to take one and post on your blog. I will be picking the top 3 next week, and I will award 3 people with the new top 3 badge! When posting to a gallery's, please use the key words GGSC138.....Have a great day and happy creating !
 

8 comments:

cotnob said...

Thank you so much for choosing my card as one of your top three, I feel very honoured.
Pauline
x

Michelle Quinno said...

Love your pages, Kristen!

Dawn said...

Great DT creations & a great challenge! 'll be back soon!
xx

Lorianna said...

Thank You so much!!
For choosing me as one of your Top 3!!!
I will proudly display my badge, with honor!
To the Design Team ; Thank you for sharing, all your inspirational talent with all of us!!
Hugs
Lorianna

Misty's said...

Thank you for your fab challenge and all the inspirational creations which are gorgeous xx

cotnob said...

I'm back with this weeks entry, such gorgeous DT projects. Thank you for the fab challenge.
Pauline
x

Spyder said...

I'm so sorry I missed thanking you for choosing my card at one of your winners until now, I will place your blinkie on my side bar and promise to be a better blogger this year, 2012 was not good for us as a family so looking forward to 2013 and promise to join in more challenges!

(Lyn)

Spyder said...

ps, the card in the end was sent to my daughter all the way to the USA