Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Fathers Day: Cupcake inspiration challenge


HAPPY FATHERS DAY........ I hope all your Dad's , hubby's, and men in your life have a great day.

My post has to be quick today, as my family and I will be making the rounds today to our dads.


Well, it's Sunday and Sundays = Cupcake Inspiration Challenge. I have to admit, when I first saw the cupcakes for this weeks challenge, I thought, Yikes, those are some pretty "dark" colors for me. I am definitely a Bright kind of girl. When I sat down, I knew I wanted to do a fathers Day card, I knew I wanted to use this stamp by The Greeting Farm and I knew I was following this weeks Sketch Saturday Sketch. For me, the hard part is always picking out my DP. I am VERY picky with my paper, as I feel it is the major impact on my card. Well, after searching for the right paper, I came up with this DP, which is actually X-mas paper, but I bet you can't tell...hehehehe
We would love to have you play along this week! Make sure to add a direct link to your NEW creation on Mr Linky below by Saturday, June 26th at 9 pm MT. This is an Inspiration challenge, but please make sure your creation is truly inspired by this cupcake and this challenge is linked in your post. If you upload to a public gallery like SCS or PCP make sure to use keyword CIC64 so we can easily find you. Remember, no cupcake stamps are required! Rachel will post the Top 5 next Sunday. Have a great day and thank you for stopping by. Happy Creating!

My Card Qualifies for the following Challenges:

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #23This challenge is cards for men
Creative Inspirations Challenge 65One for the boys is the challenge this week.
Double Dutch Challenge DDC #45-This challenge is Dads Treat, make something for dad.
Fab 'N' Funky Challenge #28-Just for Dad" is the fun challenge this week!
Incy Wincy Designs Challenge 46-One For The Guys is the challenge for this week, how fun!
Tandastamps -Tanda Teaser Challenge 148-For the Big Man is the great challenge they are having this week!
Magical Crafts Challenge #17-Something for a male/Father's Day is the great challenge they are playing this week!
Moving Along With The Times Challenge 51-This challenge is a fantastic sketch challenge this week that I loved working with!
One Stop Craft Challenge Week 85-One For The Boys is their great challenge this week!
Polka Doodles Challenge week 24-This week the challenge is a Father's Day/Male theme challenge
Raise The Bar Challenge #23-What A Special Guy is this great challenge this week!
Stampin' Royalty Challenge #24-This challenge is to create a masculine themed project so I created a Father's Day card.


28 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW this is definitely my fav entry so far! I love the cute grampa image from the greeting farm and your choose of papers are perfect. No i could't tell they were Christmas ones lol
Thanks for joining us again this week at sketch saturday
love emma xxx

Danni said...

You did such a fab job on this!! LOVE it!!

Teresa Kline said...

this is fabulous, I luv it!

enjoy *~*

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just adorable!

Marlene said...

Beautiful!

Shanda Stirk said...

Love that stamped image and how you matched all those colors. Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty.

sue law said...

Those colours are yummy together, bit you're glad that you had a go afterall. Great card!

thanks for joining in with the Tanda Teaser this week, hope to see you again soon!
Sue
x

Sarah A said...

WOW this is amazing!! Love the choice of papers, they are perfect and yes, you are rightr about them having a major impact on the overall finish!! I can spend hours picking papers LOL!!
Thanks for joining us over at Incy Wincy for our "One for the guys challenge"

Sarah x

April said...

Thats a fantastic card...love all the layers and colors!

Rachel Hope said...

So cute!!! I bet Dad loved it!!! :) I used christmas Paper on my Dad's card too! LOL :)

NGCARDS said...

Oh I love this! Thanks for joining us this week at Wednesday's Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog! xxx

Stef H said...

wow! fabulous!

Michelle Quinno said...

Love this, Kristen! I love the colors and papers you chose!

Aunty Sue said...

Oh this is such a jolly image and thanks for joining us at creative inspirations

Lindsey said...

Great card and i adore this image. Thanks for joining us at OSCC and Fab n Funky this week xx

Vanja said...

Gorgeous card! I love the image.
Hugs, Vanja

Ginny said...

love this card, thanks for joining us at FnF :)

Unknown said...

love this, that cupcake looks very yummie !!! well done on such a lovely card and thanks for playin with us at crafty cardmakers xx

Kristine said...

This is FABULOUS Kristen!! I love your image and of course those gorgeous DPs and the stars and those letters in "papa" - it's AWESOME!!

Nettie said...

Great male card, thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles this week.x

andrea said...

fab card,great image and love the colours thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky
andrea

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

Lovely card, thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge. Dee x

Maggie Bob said...

This card is utterly stunning! I love the colour scheme, the layout and the image.

Thank you for playing along at One Stop Craft Challenge.

Maggie
x

Jo said...

*claps* I LOVE THIS!!
this is a fantastic card, love the papers, image, everything!
I couldn't tell they were crimbo papers either ;)
Thank you for joining in with us at sketch saturday this week
Jo xx

Mel X said...

Hiya Kristen, perfect card for a fella. Love the image and super colouring.

Thanks for joining us this time at Magical Crafts and good luck in the draw.

Mel X

Renate said...

Absolutely perfect fathers day card. Love everything about it.

Thanks for joining the Magical Crafts Challenge

Hugs Renate

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Polkadoodles challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Jenny said...

Beautifully coloured image & fab layout. Thanks for playing along with Polka Doodles this week.