Thursday, June 24, 2010

Some exciting news with Going Grey challenges


Wow, it's Thursday already!!!! I swear since the kids have been out of school, the days have been flying bye. I hope you have had a Fabulous week thus far.
So, are you looking at this picture thinking, "Kristen, REALLY"???? This is so completely not a me kind of art. Meaning, that this is not my typical work, but I have to admit that I secretly love to play with these kind of stamps and papers, but it is just not my typical. When I look at amazing stampers like Lisa Somerville, and Gerric Johnnic,
who use amazing techniques and use a lot of grunge and collage, I think "wow, their work is gorgeous", and they inspire me to try things like this ATC card I made. I will admit that I made this at a stamping convention, but I couldn't wait to play with these products by Jill Haglund whom makes fabulous collage packs and really cool stamps sets. I love who this ATC turned out, but my only wish would have been to be able to use copics instead of pencils (hehehe). It was nice to get my fingers inky, very INKY!
So, I said I had some exciting news to share with you about our Going Grey with Scrap-Creations challenge. I am thrilled to announce to new additions to our design team. Both who are fabulously talented and without further ado let me introduce to you:
Lorie Ames and Jackie Randolph They will be starting with us for next Tuesdays challenge. Please feel free to stop by their blogs and give them a little love :)
Congrats ladies and welcome to the team!

7 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Great to see this other side of you Kristen!

Lorie said...

I love it Kristen! I'm so thrilled to be joining you guys! Can't wait for next week!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

This just ROCKS GF! I like this dirty side of you, lol. I don't know....but can you grunge up Copics? If so, let's see you run with it! hugz

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

How exciting!! I just love your Basic grey challenge Kristen and I can't wait to see what they create!!

Crystal said...

WOW your card is ROCKING!!!!! Congrats to the new dt members!!!

Basement Stamper said...

Great card, I'm right there with you on trying this new "grunge" look and sometimes it looks good, sometimes it doesn't for me.

Congrats on the new DT!!!

Kristine said...

HUGE CONGRATS LADIES!!! I'm very familiar with Lorie's great work--she will have so much fun here and be a wonderful addition to your DT! Looking forward to seeing creations from Jackie and the others! =)