Friday, October 1, 2010

Ahhhhh......Life is SOOOO good!





Happy Friday!!!!!! What a week it has been.....Most of it FABULOUS!!!!! So, where should I start???? Well, as I had mentioned on my post on Tuesday, I have been struggling with some serious asthma issues, and as of today, I am at the end of most of my prescriptions and I am finally starting to feel BETTER! Thanks the heavens. As you know, life is just does not allow time to be sick. Also, I had 2 nursing exams on Monday and I passed both with pretty good grades. Pretty happy with that, seeing I was studying in the ER on Sunday night....Wahooooo...but the best thing that has happened this week is this precious bundle of joy!





This is my Brand new niece Rowan Scarlett Smith. I am a first time auntie, and of course very biased, but isn't she just the cutest........Gosh, she was just born yesterday and I swear the minute I saw her, she had me wrapped :) Just looking at her brings a smile to my face!





On top of all of this, I was able to sit down this morning ,and finally make a card. Yes, I was coloring at 5:30 this morning, but I really wanted to play with my Stamps and Markers!!!! AND......ready......I actually cleaned before I made my card.......wait for it.....wait for it........


Look at that....Clean...I can function again!!!!! I actually found my missing nesties!!! Now, to keep it this clean!

Now that I have talked about everything else, I should really chat about my card hehehe.....Does it look Shabby chic???? NOOOOOOOOOOO it doesn't. Toady's challenge over at Wags N Whiskers is to create a Shabby Chic card. Darn it, I don't know how to do Shabby Chic....So I gave it my best and came up with this "cute" Halloween card, which I will be sending to little Rowan for her 1st Halloween. I just adore these fairy stamps. They are so versatile. So, what do you think? Can you do Shabby Chic? I would love to see it, and maybe take notes :) Head on over and come play with us!

Well, I better wrap this up. Hubby and I are having date night tonight, and some how I need to try to fit in a couple of hours worth the reading. THANK YOU so much for taking time to read my post, and I apologize for not visiting blogs lately. My life has had me crazy, and time has been scarce. I do hope to visit and comment shortly. Have a great day and weekend!

9 comments:

cardmaking bird said...

Awwwww, gorgeous, gorgeous!! Congrats Kristen on becoming an auntie (and feeling better!) Hugs, Marie xx

Danni said...

Glad you're feeling better!! Such a sweet babe, congrats Auntie!!
Fabulous card, so pretty!

Marlene said...

Glad you're feeling better. Your card is adorable..and your niece is GORGEOUS!

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

Well that is a super cute baby. :) Happy aunting...it is a pleasure. :) I am Aunt ChoChi...and have never been so happy to have my name murdered by two little boys. :)

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

Well that is a super cute baby. :) Happy aunting...it is a pleasure. :) I am Aunt ChoChi...and have never been so happy to have my name murdered by two little boys. :)

Jackie Randolph said...

Congrats Auntie!! She is beautiful and oh she will be spoiled with lots of love.

Michelle Quinno said...

Your card is adorable! I can't do shabby chic either. I'm glad you're feeling better! Congrats on your adorable niece and also your exams!

Kristine said...

Cute Halloween Card Kristen... and LOOOVE Your cute craft area!! And CONGRATS on passing your exams!! That's huge! Keep up the great work. I'm so glad you're feeling so much better. "See ya" tomorrow! *Ü*

Lacey Stephens said...

So many things to congratulate you on!! Glad you are feeling better...glad you did well on your exams...congrats on your new precious little neice...and awesome job on this fantastic card!!
~Lacey
Wags 'n Whiskers