Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Going Grey with Scra-Creations Challenge: Your favorite Technique!

Happy Tuesday! Wow, just when I think I have things in order, the days creep up on me. I can't believe it already November! Yikes....that means winter is soon approaching, and Christmas isn't far behind. Weird how the older you get the faster time seems to go!

Last weeks cards were FAB-U-LOUS!!!! I swear, I am in awww at all the talent out there. So, we have another wonderful challenge for you this week, and a brand new fabulous sponsor as well. This weeks challenge is: pick your favorite technique... when I sat to make my project this week, I actually thought "what was I thinking with this theme", honestly, I don't consider myself a "stamper". I am more of a papercrafter that loves to color. Who was I kidding, the only ink pad I use is a memento black, never mind a technique, but when I started to look around, I decided a technique can be anything really! I have been dying to try this little 3x3 notecard box I saw on splittcoast a while back and decided it was a technique to try:) It was super easy, and rather quick to make, and I am thinking it would make perfect teacher gifts for the holidays (if I can find the time). God knows I have enough paper to make a ton of sets. I am also going to mention that I use SU stamps...wahoo...they have been tucked in my drawer and I didn't think they would ever see the light of day :) Hey Pia...I am using my stuff!

As I mentioned, we have a brand new sponsor this week, who also happens to be a friend and, in my opinion, one of the most talented people in the business. This weeks sponsor is Through the Carftroom Door ,owned and operated by Suzzane Dean and Marti Willis! In case you are unfamiliar with through The craftroom door, it is a fairly new magazine that offers, templates, tutorials, copic tips and tricks and so much more......The winner of this weeks challenge will win a 1 year subscription... Thank you so much Suzanne:)


Like I said, last weeks cards were all amazing, but we have to pick the Top 3, and the are....



Lisa S:


Dee:
Elsa: Now, for this weeks Awesome DT samples: Feast your eyes on these beauties!

Check out their blogs so they can share there favorite technique with you!

Lorie Ames:
Peggy regan:
Mary Castonquay:
Kristine Breach:
Kim Howard:
Marie Bridgman:
Jackie Randolph
:
weren't those fabulous? Don't be afraid to head to their blogs and leave them a little love. You will have until next Monday @ 6pm to get your card in for the challenge. We only allow 2 entry's per person. Also, we have new Blog Badges, please feel free to take one and post on your blog. I will be picking the top 3 next week, and I will award 3 people with the new top 3 badge! When posting to a gallery's, please use the key words GGSC32.......Have a great day and happy creating







8 comments:

Crystal said...

Kristen wow a FABULOUS set you have created and the DT creations are AWESOME! Super fun challenge girl!

Michelle Quinno said...

Cute set, Kristen! Love the color combo!

Mary C said...

I love this set you made Kristen. Perfect for the teachers. I didn't know that you still had some SU sets? This was a great challenge this week, thanks for picking it!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous note card set and the DT cards are fabulous.
Wow!Thanks so much for picking my card for your top 3 too.
Lisa x

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Great challenge, thanks for the inspiration from the DT!

Kristine said...

Very CUTE Kristen!! I tried making 3x3 cards once but not often. This look like it'd be such a great gift to give someone full of those li'l 3x3 cards! =) Cute Cute! Thanks for a fun challenge.

Basement Stamper said...

beautiful box and cards..and too funny that I just pulled out this set the other day to make some holiday cards-guess I need to CASE you now :-)

Snowmanlover said...

Beautiful cards!
I just awarded you with a blog award on my blog! barb