Friday, July 31, 2009

Inky Impressions 2nd DT Call & Blogger's Challenge



Are you having a good start to your weekend? It poured most of the day here today, but the weather man says it's supposed to be a wonderful weekend.We'll see.

Today's card has 2 purposes. It is my submission for the 2nd round of Inky Impressions design team,and it also my card for this weeks blogger's challenge.


For my card today,I used Inky Impressions "Lilis Secrets" stamps, and combined it with the Blogger's Challenge Sketch. I did turn the sketch around,but that counts. I find the Inky Impressions images so great to color. They are wonderfully etched stamps and so easy to work with. I hope I get another chance to play on Nicole's Inky Impressions team.


On a different note, I have had a pretty roller coaster kind of week. Monday was a typical day. The kids and I kinda hung around. Tuesday, I went to the beach with a friend and her kids and had a great time until I got home and the phone rang. My cousin was on the other end told me that my uncle had just passed away. Well, I was just heart broken. I also had to tell my kids that our Cape cod vacation had to be put off while we attended my uncles services. They are still young and really don't understand. Wednesday we went and spent the day with my cousins (my uncle's 5 daughters). Thursday I got the chance to go Mass General Hospital and visit my BF's baby. He was born at 26 weeks and has been doing amazing. I was very excited to finally get to meet baby Evan. He is just soooo sweet. He was born weighing 2lb 7ounces, and now 8 weeks later he is up to 3lbs 14 ounces. He is amazing.
Friday night was the wake and Saturday morning is the funeral, and then the after get together. It really has been a dozy of a week and I look forward to Sunday when my family and I head down to the Cape to relax. I may even have a few umbrella drinks to relax!
This last project was a project I did a while back, but I wanted to use it for my second project for my Inky Impressions.

SUPPLIES:
Stamps: Inky Impressions
Papers: Daisy Bucket DP,Coredinations
Ink: copics,memento,white pen
Misc: punches,bling

8 comments:

Nicole (Inky's Mama) said...

Hi Kristen,

1st... I wanted to send my deepest apologies for the loss of your uncle. :(

2nd... I wanted to tell you Thank You for your wonderful card! It is so stinkin' cute... as always!!! :) Your coloring is so fab.

3rd... Thank You for the compliments on the stamps. I am so glad that all the ladies like them so much. It is such an honor to have my friends & fellow stampers recognize the quality and not just the cuteness. We have invested alot of time & efforts (as well as money) into the quality, to make sure that all the stampers that use Inky Impressions.... have a Top Notch stamps to add to their collection of stamps! So, what do you think about the full colored laminated inserts? Well, now I am rambling. LOL Let me know. HUGS! Nicole (Inky's Mama)

Michele Roos said...

Oh Kristen firstly I just want to say how sorry I am about the loss of your uncle, I know what it's like to loss someone close to you.

Gorgeous card as always. Love the image you've used and the colouring also.

Hope to be working alongside you again.

Hugs Michele x

Kristine said...

What a super CUTE card Kristen! Love the sentiment you put with Secrets LiLi.

Sounds like you've had a whirlwind kind of week. I'm sorry your uncle passed away...my condolences. But I'm thankful that (usually) when something that seems so sad happens like this, God provides a little miracle!! It's so "cliche" to talk about the "Circle of Life" but so often the two happen so close to each other and tells us life goes on. We keep loving them after death, and a part of them lives in us, and then we get a new little someone to love as well. What a blessing that your friend's baby is doing so well now!! (my youngest was born 6 1/2 weeks early at 4 lbs.--it's so fun to see them grow. Congratulations "Auntie Kristen" :)

Basement Stamper said...

Kristen: I'm so sorry to hear of your Uncle's passing. I'm glad you have lots of family to support you and know that your friends are here as well.

Your card is great. I love the patterned paper you paired the image with, it looks great.

Peggy said...

Kristen I am so sorry to hear about your uncle. That is so sad.

The card is sooo cute. I love the image. Good luck getting on the team!! You do great work.

Hope next week is calmer for you.

Anonymous said...

Kristen, I am so very sorry for your loss. Sending you hugs!!

Your projects are wonderful. Love your card.

Michelle Quinno said...

Kristen, I'm so sorry about your uncle. And also your vacation. I hope you got a few umbrella drinks in to cheer you up!

I love your card & hope you get picked. It's amazing!

Glad baby Evan is doing well at such a tiny size! He looks like he could be a red head like my Evan?

Anonymous said...

your site is loading fast