Monday, December 20, 2010

Going Grey with Scrap-Creations: Merry Christmas!



Happy Tuesday! and happy it is...I finished my first first semester of nursing school, and finished it with pretty good grades :) I finished last Thursday, and I have been enjoying every minute of my freedom! I would like to tell you that I have been relaxing, but it has been far from it. I have been catching up on my cleaning, and I have been wrapping, and finishing up on my holiday shopping. I am hoping to be done shopping tomorrow and almost done wrapping by Thursday and the I shall get my fingers inky again!
So this week on Going Grey with Scrap-Creations we are having a holiday break.....with Christmas on Saturday we are catching up on last minute errands and enjoying our families, and we are hoping you all can do the same. So instead of crafting this week, I have been baking. I don't know about you, but we have so many teacher gifts to buy, and when I sat down to plan, I decided instead of spending a ton of money, I would bake gifts this year, and after seeing my good friend Kim Howard's cake balls, I decided to go with them. They are super fun to make, they look fabulous, and they are yummy too! If you are not familar with cake balls, you can check them out here at bakerella.

So, in the spirit of giving, I am offering up some goodies this week. All you have to do is leave a comment on this post with your favorite thing to bake or cook on the holidays. The goodies will be a surprise package, but well worth it. I will announce the winner on next Tuesdays post!



Ahhh....and now onto last weeks amazing TOP 3 and winner of Character Cafe's $10.00 GC!

Peri

Rachel
Wendy

Fabulous cards Ladies, and great use of the tag challenge!!!....The winner of last weeks challenge is PURPLE CRAZY
Here are your random numbers:

13
Timestamp: 2010-12-22 03:07:55 UTC

Please e-mail me with your e-mail address and I will forward your e-mail on.

Thank you all for joining us in our challenges! We have really enjoyed all you amazing creations. Have a wonderful holiday and I hope Santa is good to you!










12 comments:

Ms. Cheryl said...

I have a GOOOD feeling about being the first. My daughter and I are making our cookies Thursday. We love them. The base is sugar cookie dough half cooked then covered with marshmallows and finished cooking. As soon as it is removed from the oven sprinkle on M&M's, drizzle with melted chocolate (I use both white and milk chocolate). Allow to cool then cut into squares and serve stacked on a platter. YUMMY!!! Thanks, ms.cheryl

Julye said...

Hiya, and hope you are still enjoying your nursing,training sounds so different to how I trained, I was on nights my first christmas, and the second year come to that, ah well. Baking goodies at christmas, well this year I have made gingerbread cookies, biscotti and peanut butter cookies. I have also made the things I usually bake mince pies and curd tarts. Other christmas goody treats I would normally bake but just haven't this year as I had surgery when they should have been made in october november are christmas pudding and christmas cake- which are both lots of dried fruit and booze laced. They are best left stood before the big day. I have cheated and got a bought christmas pudding this year.
Oh I also made a lemondrizzle cake at my sons request but thats not just a christmas thing. Love to find out the difference between what different countries eat especially at the holidays. Have a fab christmas.

Julye said...

Hiya, and hope you are still enjoying your nursing,training sounds so different to how I trained, I was on nights my first christmas, and the second year come to that, ah well. Baking goodies at christmas, well this year I have made gingerbread cookies, biscotti and peanut butter cookies. I have also made the things I usually bake mince pies and curd tarts. Other christmas goody treats I would normally bake but just haven't this year as I had surgery when they should have been made in october november are christmas pudding and christmas cake- which are both lots of dried fruit and booze laced. They are best left stood before the big day. I have cheated and got a bought christmas pudding this year.
Oh I also made a lemondrizzle cake at my sons request but thats not just a christmas thing. Love to find out the difference between what different countries eat especially at the holidays. Have a fab christmas.

Theresa's Studio said...

Wishing you a Merry Christmas...enjoy the holidays with your family and have fun bakiing. I love to make cutout cookies in Christmas designs and do colorful icing.

Michelle Quinno said...

OMG, Kristen, where do you get the energy?!!! Those look so good. I'm going to check out the recipe! I usually bake a ton but I haven't had time this year. I did make the white trash/puppy chow last night.

Enjoy your break and have a Very Merry Christmas with your family!

Mia Scott said...

Merry Christmas! I love baking but this year I am looking forward to my sister making a Yule log for me as the one I normally get was changed last year and didn't taste as good. Fingers crossed that it's good. It's a tesco recipe by Fay Ripley. I will let you know on my blog if it is as nice as it sounds.

Happy Baking Everyone!!!

Rachel Hope said...

WOW, those cake balls look Delish! Congrats on the good grades! :)

Thanks so much for the Top 3 mention *blush*

I have lots of baking to do...and cooking too, must make my Cheesy Potato Casserole for Saturday!

sucor said...

Congratulations on finishing your first semester of nursing school and with good grades as well! Merry Christmas to you and your family! My favorite thing to bake for Christmas are Vanille kipfel. This is an Austrian Christmas cookie we love and look forward to!

Linda said...

Congrats on finishing up the first semester of nursing school...it is not an easy program. Your truffles look very yummy. I love to bake all kinds of cookies that you frost and decorate.

Carly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristine said...

Merry Christmas Kristen!! =) Hope you enjoyed a wonderful holiday with family and friends. Best wishes to you in the new year ahead!

Jovita AKA Tia Goofy said...

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas! I really dont bake much but when I do my sister helps, well I help her she is the baker and our fav. things are cupcakes :>