Friday, June 3, 2011

Take time to smell the flowers

Happy Friday! I know, you are shocked, I am posting two cards this week. See what happens when school is out, I am able to get a little creative. It feels so good to color and create when you know you don't have a million other things to do. Needless to say, I am really enjoying my summer break:)

Not sure if my U.S friends have heard, but we have had some seriously crazy weather up here in New England. Earlier in the week, it was 90 degrees and humid, which is really warm this early in the summer, then on Wednesday, Mass had 3 serious tornado's, which is unheard of here. It was really scary, we were watching TV, and an emergency screen came on telling us their was a Tornado warning in the following areas (one of which was mine), and then followed with directions on what to do...go to the basement, stay away from windows, and so on. It was might nerve racking, and sacred the kids to death. We are just not used to this kind of weather. I don't know how all you Midwest people do it. How do you deal with this kind of weather on a regular basis? Seriously, how many of you have a actual storm shelter??? What is that like? Anyways, I am hoping and praying this is not a indicator of the summer to come. I am pretty happy with the "typical" New England weather, you know, cool, sometimes humid, a snowstorm or 2, or 3, or more :), you know, stuff I am familiar with.

So how about my card...you know, the second one this week LOL.....I finally got to use some of the Lilly of the valley stamps I have been ordering all along. I had this great new paper from Prima that I purchased and I wanted to play in this weeks Lili of the Valley challenge, which is punch it up, and my card qualifies since I used my nesties. I am so hoping to finally use stamps that I have been purchasing and not using. I am so good at shopping. Speaking of shopping, I am headed to the Heirloom rubber stamp convention tomorrow with my stamping BFs. I seriously can't wait, it is always such a good one. Well, that is all for me today, I hope you have a great weekend.

My Cards also qualify for the following challenges:

Allsorts Challenge Week 105-Things with Wings
By The Cute and Girly June Challenge-In The Garden
Charisma Cardz Challenge #22-Things that fly
Crafts and Me Challenges #37-Punch it out!
Cute Card Thursday Challenge 167-Embellish It!
Incy Wincy Designs Challenge 96-Nature
Stamp With Fun Challenge 113-In the Garden
Dream Valley Challenge #8-Stamp Something
Digi Stamps 4 Joy Challenge #20-"On the wings of a..."
My Mum's Craft Shop Challenge 8-Things with Wings


















12 comments:

Alexis said...

love your card. It is darling. Glad to here you made it thru the tornado unhurt!! I have 4 cousins that live down there and they all are alright but they definitly had a scare, aswell. Crazy mother nature. Makes you want to stop and remember how precious the little things are. Thanks for sharing today!!

Basement Stamper said...

beautiful card, that layout looks kinda familiar. I'm stamping so get on and get some stuff done LOL!

Shubhra said...

Its so adorable !

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, this is stunning, gorgeous work thanks for joining us at Lili of the Valley this week hugs Pops x x x

kuya said...

This is a truly gorgeous card! I just love this image, it was one of my first LOTV stamps ever :o)

Thanks for joining us at Stamp with fun.

~ Heike

Charlene said...

This is such a beautiful card. Love the different dp's you used and the lace that you added to the ribbon. Thanks for joining us at Digistamps4Joy ~ Charlene GD DS4J

Scrappy Scatty said...

love your papers
thanks for playing along at DS4J this week
Love Jan
xx

melsanford said...

Beautiful card. Gorgeous image and I love the papers :-) Thankyou for Stamping Something for Dream Valley! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Michelle Quinno said...

Oooh, this is gorgeous, Kristen!! Is this what you were talking about with that beautiful ribbon we bought?! It looks great. I used it already.

Vee said...

Such a fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week.
xx Vee

CraftyC said...

Its gorgeous Kristen, one of my favourites.Thanks for taking part in this weeks LOTV Challenge!
Clairexx

Jill said...

stunning card Kristen love the image and your pretty papers thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx