Monday, December 31, 2012

Goodbye 2012.....Hello 2013.....

Wow, hard to believe another year has gone by, and what a year it was.  While there were some great moments in 2012: My graduated Nursing school (wahooo), I got my first nursing job, we went on a fabulous cruise, and for the most part we were healthy, but honestly, I am happy to see 2012 come to an end, as it was one of the toughest years we have had to face as a family.  My father was diagnosed with prostate cancer (thankfully is doing ok now, after surgery, radiation and injections), My father-in-law was diagnosed with cancer and continues to fight everyday, My cousin (38 years old) was diagnosed with Breast cancer (doing well after surgery, chemo, and radiation), we had to put one of our dogs to sleep this year (one of the hardest things I we have ever had to do), so to say the least, I am happy to kiss 2012 goodbye and happily say hello to 2013.  My only wish for the New Year is health and happiness to all my family.
         As many of you know, I have taken up journaling, but haven't had much time to do much crafting lately, with the holidays and all, but as I reflect on the past year, and what I would like to change for the new year, I have come up with:
  1. Continue on my weight loss journey. From October to December, I lost 24 pounds. My hope it to continue and lose at least 60 by the end of the year.
  2. Get crafty at least 3 times a week......
  3. Waste less.....save more
  4.  go back to school for my BA in Nursing
  5. Continue to organize my house...always a work in progress.
As you see, I am keeping my list simple, as simple seems to be working for me. I am hoping to complete a journal page for 2013, but I am making no promises.....LOL

So, as I say goodbye to another year, I would like to THANK all of you for following along with my post and challenges...you are the reason I continue to post and I appreciate all your comments....Happy New Year...Stay safe and I will talk to you next year .....LOL


2 comments:

Michelle Quinno said...

That is amazing! Congrats on the weight loss. I need to get back on track. Happy New Year!

Basement Stamper said...

Go back to school eh? You are crazy!!! Doing awesome of the weight loss though and I hope to follow in your path continuing to lose.