Saturday, September 20, 2008

Holy Scraps !


Scraps, Scraps....... everywhere. If your anything like myself, you have paper everywhere. I am a huge pattern paper addict. I often (almost always) make my card around whatever paper I want to use. I often only use 1/2 a sheet (if that) on one card, and I then end up leaving a bunch of paper for later (yeah, right). So, lately I have been trying to use up all my paper and get at least 3 cards out of one sheet of 12x12 paper. Sometimes it takes me 2-3 hours to make 1 card. The 1st card is always the hardest, and then the next 2 or 3 are easy. Coming up with the design is the hardest part for me. Are all three cards exactly "my best" cards? No there not, but I they're great cards to have on hand when you need a quick b-day card or something.
The way prices are these days, I need to be putting all my extras to use. Also, I don;t feel so bad when I want to buy more paper (hehehe). So, next time your making a card and you have extra paper, go ahead and use up those scraps and make another quick card or 2.
Supplies:
Stamps: Pink cat studio
paper: Pattern paper ?, SU cardstock
Ink: Memento black, Watercolor crayons, Copic markers on one of the cards
Misc: circle punch, SU scallop punch, Cuttlebug embossing folders

3 comments:

Pia said...

Kristen,
I love them all! I really need to follow your lead and use the scraps right away, I toss mine in a bucket and spend more time digging through the bucked than crafting!

Great cards as usual.

Kerry D-C said...

Fabtastic! I like that DSP. fun colors!

Michelle Quinno said...

They're adorable, Kristen! I can't believe YOU have a hard time coming up with designs. Your cards are always adorable.

I do use mine most times. I have a new system for my scraps that helps me remember them! Not only that but being on a spending freeze always helps use the stash! ;-)