Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Goth Lili (kinda)


   Happy Wednesday!!!!! Phew, the weekend is almost here.  Are you having a good week?  Can you believe that tomorrow is Oct 1st. The summer flew by, and now we are heading straight for fall.  I know I have told you, but I LOVE fall, and everything it offers, the apple picking, the local farm events, the fairs, and of course Halloween.

So today is Wednesday and Wednesday=Inky Impressions Challenge.
This weeks challenge was to make a gift.  Of course Iwas last minute putting this together, but I wanted to give the challenge a try.

When I was trying to decided what I was going to make, I started to scan the room to see what impulse purchase I had made to alter.  I am real good at buying things to alter. While scanning, I had a came across this Salsa container that I had saved, knowing it would be perfect for a project.  Well, I am on a Halloween kick right now, so I decided to make "Secret Lili" go "goth".  I am not sure how effective that was, as she still looks so sweet.  I used my new Basic Grey paper and paper pieced her outfit and tried to color her hair black.  I obviously need more practice with the black hair.  I even gave her black nail polish.
now, if I was better prepared I would have filled this up with Hersey Kisses (halloween colors), but seeing I put this together last night, it is what it is.  I will fill it up today and retake a picture to get a better feel of the goodie container.

If you get a chance, check out what the Inky Impressions DT came up with this week.  You won't be dissappointed.  They are sooo good.
Kristine


Michele

Jenn

Naoual

Chris O

So....Happy Wednesday.  Have a great day and Happy Creating!!!!!

Supplies:
Stamps: Inky Impressions "lili's secret", Amuse sentiment.
Paper: Basic Grey Eriee, SU black CS
Ink: copics, Memento Black
Misc: white pen & pop dots

5 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so sweet Kristen!! Lili looks so cute Goth!! Gorgeous coloring and what a wonderful idea!! Beautiful project!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Thanks so much for the birthday wishes Kristen. You are so sweet!!
I did finally get my blog candy up. Phew!

Crystal said...

Kristen she is SOOOOO CUTE in her GOTH outfit, LOVE this Halloween creation, absolutely ADORABLE!!!

Debby said...

Very cute Kristen. Love the peicing.

Basement Stamper said...

Cute card! Congrats on your new DT appointment!